How do I book an appointment to register a Birth/Death?
The HSE Civil Registration Service (CRS) registers all births, deaths and marriages in Ireland. The Civil Registration Service also carries out civil marriage ceremonies.
You can now book an appointment at a Civil Registration Office to register the following:
How Do I Book?
- To book an appointment at a Civil Registration Office to register any of the above please book directly via the HSE website located here: https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/
- Once you book your appointment, you will receive a confirmation SMS or email with your appointment details.
- Appointments are not available to book via the main Swiftqueue website - only by the above HSE website
Please note: Swiftqueue facilitate the appointment booking system only for Civil Registration offices so any queries in relation to your specific appointment for the registration of either a birth or death should be directed to the Civil Registration Service office where your appointment is booked.
I can't see a location near me to book an Appointment? What do I do?
- Beginning in April 2022, the Civil Registration Service commenced the national roll out of the online booking facility for appointments to register a birth or death.
- This online booking facility is available for appointment bookings in a number of HSE Civil Registration Service office locations.
- If your location is not listed to book, please book directly with the Civil Registration Service Office. See below for how to find your local office.
How do I find a Civil Registration Office or contact details for the office?
- You can find a Civil Registration Service office at the following link: https://www2.hse.ie/services/births-deaths-and-marriages/find-a-civil-registration-service/
- Contact details are available via the above site