I have a Covid Swab appointment booked for today/tomorrow - Do I still attend?
I'm waiting on my Covid test results? Will this be delayed?
As you are likely aware the HSE suffered a ransomware attack and as part of their response they have restricted access to some of their IT systems as they work through the incident.
For the latest and most up-to-date information please see the HSE website: https://www2.hse.ie/services/hospital-service-disruptions/hse-it-system-cyber-attack.html
Getting a COVID-19 test
If you already have an appointment for a COVID-19 test, this will go ahead today. You should attend the test centre in your appointment as planned.
COVID-19 test results
- There may be some delay in getting your COVID-19 test results.
- If you are waiting for a COVID 19 test result, it’s important that you self-isolate (stay in your room) until you get your test result. This is stricter advice than usual while the HSE work through this IT outage.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Self-isolate (stay in your room) and phone your GP. They may advise you to go to a COVID-19 test centre. This could be a static COVID-19 test centre or temporary walk-in test centre.
- You can also go to any test centre without phoning your GP.
If you are a close contact
- A contact tracer will advise you to go to a COVID-19 test centre. This could be a static COVID-19 test centre or temporary walk-in test centre.
- Contact tracing is still operating as usual but the process of contact tracing may take longer than usual.
For more information please see the HSE Website at https://www2.hse.ie/services/hospital-service-disruptions/hse-it-system-cyber-attack.html