I need to be tested for Covid19. How can I get tested?
Can I just turn up at a test centre without an appointment?
Do I need an appointment to be tested?
There are now 4 different ways to arrange a Covid19 test.
IF YOU LIVE IN IRELAND
- If you live in Ireland, you can book a self referral Covid19 Swab test via the HSE website at https://covid19test.healthservice.ie/hse-self-referral/
Using this link you can book your own date and time for your test & will receive a confirmation SMS text once booked.
- If you are living in Ireland, you can also contact your GP who can refer you for a Covid19 Swab test.
Once the GP refers you for this test, you will then receive a confirmation SMS text with your date, time & location for your test.
- There are a number of walk in test centres that you can attend without an appointment. Please see the HSE website for the full list. https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/get-tested/
TRAVELLING TO IRELAND from another Country.
- If you are travelling to Ireland from another Country, then you can book your Covid19 Swab test before you travel using this link: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/f4ad3-book-a-covid-19-test-for-after-you-arrive-in-ireland/
Using this link you can book your own date and time for your test & will receive a confirmation SMS text & email once booked.
- When booking an appointment, the appointment must be booked in your correct name and details.
- Both Children and Adult appointments can now be booked online.
- For all other queries or advice on testing please see https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/testing/get-tested/